My Top 5 Favorite Images of 2010

These are my 5 favorite images from 2010. I might not consider them my “best” from the past year and they’re probably not the crowd favorites either. They simply represent some memorable moments in the wild with my camera and they resonate with me. That’s all. I hope you enjoy these small visual vignettes into these special moments and that they bring at least a fraction of the joy I felt and experienced as an actual witness.

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee in Autumn

Tremont Autumn, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennesse

Scarlet Macaws, Belize

Scarlet Macaws flying over rainforest canopy, Stann Creek District, Belize

Angel Oak, Johns Island, South Carolina

The Angel Oak, Johns Island, South Carolina

Snow Geese, Pocosin Lakes NWR, North Carolina

Snow Geese, Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, North Carolina

Sunset at Bowling Ball Beach, Point Arena, California

Sunset at Bowling Ball Beach, Point Arena, California

Posted in Images | Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Posted January 1, 2011 at 10:38 pm by Beverley | Permalink

Each of these images are tremendously moving!

2. Posted January 1, 2011 at 10:54 pm by tori woods | Permalink

very very breathtaking……..awesome beauty captured so perfectly…..

3. Posted January 2, 2011 at 12:40 am by Leslie Swiderski | Permalink

AMAZING shots Richard! You’ve had a great year in photography…I can’t wait to see this year’s pics! Happy 2011.

4. Posted January 2, 2011 at 1:07 am by Donna Brown | Permalink

I like 1, 3 and 5. BEAUTIFUL!

5. Posted January 2, 2011 at 2:25 am by Ivan Makarov | Permalink

Richard –

Those are excellent. The first one is probably my favorite – it is as if I’m there, smelling that crisp air.

6. Posted January 2, 2011 at 5:42 am by Ernie Kale | Permalink

Cool, thanks for sharing!

7. Posted January 2, 2011 at 7:15 am by Tom Schmitt | Permalink

Beautiful, Dick ! Miss you and hope to see you this year. Happy 2011, Tom.

8. Posted January 2, 2011 at 8:13 am by Melanie Ward | Permalink

To capture the earth in its various poetic poses and allow the world to percieve it through your perspective is such a gift!

9. Posted January 2, 2011 at 12:04 pm by Jane Lurie | Permalink

Gorgeous Top 5, Richard! Must have been hard to choose. Love your Angel Oak since it is our local wonder. Thanks!

10. Posted January 2, 2011 at 7:51 pm by Don | Permalink

Rich,

I love the new blog and the images are top notch, as always. Looking forward to following you here during the coming year. I know you have some exciting trips planned. Best of luck.

11. Posted January 2, 2011 at 7:54 pm by Gail Adams | Permalink

INCREDIBLE! THANKS FOR SHARING YOU TALENT WITH OTHERS

12. Posted January 3, 2011 at 1:18 pm by Gianni Iaccoa | Permalink

Wonderful and cheers from a fan in Italy! Love your work and have for some time. Ciao, Gianni

13. Posted January 4, 2011 at 10:40 am by Richard Bernabe | Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Here’s to a great 2011!

14. Posted February 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm by Lance Warley | Permalink

I can’t believe Blowing Rocks wasn’t one of your favorites. Maybe it was from another year.