Timeless Light

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse near Buxton, North Carolina. This image was created during a recent photography workshop in the Outer Banks of coastal North Carolina as I demonstrated nighttime photography and star trail techniques.

Technical details:

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Buxton, North Carolina; Canon EOS  5D Mk2, Canon 17-40L @ 20mm, 21 minutes at f4 ISO 200

Posted in Images | Tagged , , , , , ,

1. Posted February 4, 2011 at 3:50 pm by Ken | Permalink

Very nice!

2. Posted February 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm by Annette | Permalink

All I can say is WOW!! I love this one :) Hope you’re doing well Richard.

3. Posted February 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm by Lance Warley | Permalink

A stunner. It looks even better on the big monitor than it looked in the back of your 5DII.

Still drying shoes :)

4. Posted February 6, 2011 at 6:06 pm by Nancy de Flon | Permalink

Ooooh Richard I love lighthouses and photos of them, but this is by far the most unusual and striking lighthouse photo I’ve ever seen.

5. Posted February 25, 2011 at 7:39 am by Marichal Claude | Permalink

Superbe photo,merci.

6. Posted March 5, 2011 at 10:43 am by Andrea Miles | Permalink

Could you elaborate on this? Just because I do not know even a pinch about photography compared to others. However, I want to know. Is this enhanced in any way? How do you get this? At night? It is wonderful!