Eleven for ’11: Looking Back At My Favorites

Once again, it’s that season when we look back and reflect on what we’ve accomplished during the past year. Hopefully, there is some degree of accomplishment. We all have a finite number of years remaining and every one of them should be lived to its fullest – to achieve real personal growth and experience as much as one is capable of in a short 365. Last night I sat awake and ruminated over the past year and I feel as if I accomplished many – if not most – of my personal and professional goals for 2011. I still feel as if I have a lot to prove – not to any one person, mind you, but only to myself – and I’m looking forward to a challenging and exciting 2012 as well. And with that, a Happy New Year to you all.

As for the images that mark many of my fondest experiences, here they are in no particular order. These are only my favorites, for whatever it’s worth. You may disagree. But I do hope you enjoy the indulgence of my reminiscing on the year that was through the lens.

September 2011: Midway Geyser Basin by Moonlight, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming USA

May, 2011: Canyon Flame, Upper Antelope Canyon, Arizona USA

March 2011: Los Cuernos, Torres del Paine National Park, Chile

August 2011: Ursa Major, Lake Clark National Park, Alaska USA

July 2011: Reynisdrangar at Twilight, Iceland

March 2011: On Earth as it is in Heaven, Iguassu Falls, Brazil

November 2011: Wall Street, Zion National Park, Utah USA

July 2011: Braurfoss at Midnight, Iceland

September 2011: Beam Me Up, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming USA

July 2011: Dyrholaey Puffins, Iceland

October 2011: Indigo Dawn, Acadia National Park, Maine USA

Posted in Announcements, General, Images | Tagged , , , , , , , ,

1. Posted December 29, 2011 at 8:06 pm by Kristine Whittaker | Permalink

From a third person’s perspective, you are definitely living life to it’s fullest! Oh how I envy your ability to travel and photograph these beautiful places. I can only hope and dream that one day I will be able to at least do the same within the U.S. (I am unable to fly.) Until then, I will continue to live vicariously through you. Happy New Year!

2. Posted December 29, 2011 at 8:27 pm by Neal Fedora | Permalink

You really do some amazing long exposure work! Not to mention, the lighting that you have is so effective and really helps put the viewer in the moment. Your photos are really impressive and inspirational to an aspiring photographer. Thanks for sharing them.

3. Posted December 29, 2011 at 8:34 pm by Nancy MacDonald | Permalink

Each one of these images takes my breath away. Thanks so much for sharing the beauty.

4. Posted December 29, 2011 at 8:41 pm by Toni | Permalink

Absolutely stunning shots, all of them! From the shots you’ve posted, it seems like you’ve had a really great year as far as travel and photography are concerned. I hope you keep doing what you are doing for ever! At least we get to see the way you visualized this beautiful world! Best wishes for a wonderful New Year!

5. Posted December 29, 2011 at 9:06 pm by Russ Bishop | Permalink

Beautiful images Richard. You clearly had a fantastic year.

6. Posted December 30, 2011 at 9:43 am by Lance Warley | Permalink

Joining the chorus…You rock, dude! Happy NY.

See you soon.

7. Posted December 30, 2011 at 12:08 pm by Jeanette | Permalink

Richard, your photos take my beath away, They reflect to me, “A world full of Gods creation & touch, a taste of how beautiful Heaven is going to be.” On Earth As it is in Heaven.
    Thank You for sharing your travels and tips in photography. You inspire me.

Gods blessings as you travel to destinations for work shops and your personal goals this year.,
    Safe travels.

Blessings,
    Jeanette

8. Posted December 30, 2011 at 12:45 pm by Ian | Permalink

Sweet work bro!

9. Posted January 1, 2012 at 7:59 am by Mark Neal | Permalink

Very beautiful images Richard. I’m looking forward to your 2012 work.

10. Posted January 6, 2012 at 11:17 am by Pat Ulrich | Permalink

Absolutely stunning work — what a great selection from the year!

11. Posted January 9, 2012 at 1:17 am by Gary Crabbe | Permalink

Wonderful images from 2011, Richard. Some real stunning landscapes filled your lens this last year. Best wishes for an equally wonderful & productive 2012.

12. Posted January 12, 2012 at 9:36 am by David Foster | Permalink

It is a joy to experience these amazing images created by a kindred spirit. Your work truly celebrates that which is beautiful in the world we live in. May it help inspire all of us to appreciate it more deeply and take care of it more diligently. Blessings for a great 2012.

13. Posted January 12, 2012 at 10:35 am by Jen Smith | Permalink

Breathtaking images! Love the vibrance and the way you capture nature in ways that look like such once-in-a-lifetime moments.

14. Posted January 23, 2012 at 6:12 pm by David Tothill | Permalink

In a single day i have found two Photographers of breath taking ability. You are one of them. I offer my humble congratulations to you, for the beauty of your art.

15. Posted January 24, 2012 at 1:29 pm by Ed Fuhr | Permalink

Outstanding and diverse collection. Great eye and i love your compositions..

16. Posted February 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm by Anthony Schwab | Permalink

Your photos are stunning you have an ability to capture moments that tell a very real and vivid story. Great work.

2 Trackbacks

1. By Just Another Brutal Day in Paradise on February 1, 2012 at 12:52 pm

[...] is hard work. Last year may have been a success, photographically speaking, but do you think I’m going to sit back and rest on my laurels as [...]

2. By 12 for ’12: The Year’s Best on December 27, 2012 at 6:40 am

[...] last year I posted my favorite images from 2011 – Eleven for ’11. Naturally, this year it’s 12 for ’12. They are all favorites of mine for a reason, [...]