Crappy Phone Cam Dispatches

Crappy Phone Cam Dispatches (CPCD) is a new feature here on the Earth and Light Blog. While I’ve never considered the phone to be a serious artistic tool for photography, it is reasonably adequate for taking documentary images. Additionally, I am often criticized for not sharing images taken during a photo trip, opting instead to return home to my office for meticulous processing on a calibrated monitor before showing them off. Well, voila! Problem solved. You can now get a glimpse into my adventures real time since I couldn’t care less how the crappy phone images actually look in the first place. Plus, I can reluctantly climb aboard the phonography craze that’s sweeping the Internet while not taking it, or myself, too seriously. Brilliant solution! Stay tuned.

By the way, hello from Peru. I arrived in Puerto Maldanado this morning but my luggage did not. Oh the adventure!

Posted in Announcements | Tagged

1. Posted November 2, 2012 at 3:20 pm by Darlisa Black | Permalink

Good luck getting your luggage! I recently got my first smart phone and find it so handy for sharing journeys! No one seems to mind at all that they are only iPhone pics and unprocessed at that.

2. Posted March 28, 2013 at 3:24 pm by Anke | Permalink

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be
    running off the screen in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to
    let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you
    get the problem solved soon. Kudos

3. Posted September 24, 2013 at 4:55 pm by Pinko Palla | Permalink

Like the idea…! But consider to change viola into voila’. Looking forward to authentic daily life sharings of an inspirated photographer…:)

4. Posted September 26, 2013 at 2:28 pm by Jeff Goulden | Permalink

I use my Ipod Touch for the same purpose. If the lighting is good, some shots turn out pretty decent.

5. Posted September 29, 2013 at 9:21 pm by Sheen Watkins | Permalink

Your classes look like fun – I sincerely hope to register for one soon. Family health issues (my dad and mom) and their uncertainty precluded me from signing up for Cades Cove in October. Your work, attitude and outreach to your interested groups never fails to inspire. Thank you!

6. Posted September 8, 2014 at 11:32 am by John Lemen | Permalink

Hi Richard:

That 900 pound bear rasslin’ story will carry more weight if you attach it to your ‘mountain man’ bio pic.

Sorry about the camera, glad you’re OK.

John

One Trackback

1. By CPCD #8 – Low Hanging Fruit in the Tetons, Wyoming on September 24, 2013 at 4:38 pm

[…] If you’re unsure what a CPCD actually is, read this. […]