The Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Dragonfly Lens
I just received the new Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Dragonfly Lens from Irix USA. I’ll do an in-depth review once I have the time to actually use this telephoto macro lens, but my first impressions are the following: The lens is solidly built. It feels cool, heavy, and dense in my hand. 150mm is the perfect focal length for a macro lens, in my opinion. The telephoto perspective really allows you to control the background much better than shorter focal lengths. I absolutely love the fact that the lens has a detachable tripod collar (to make it much easier to go from horizontal to vertical and back) with a built-in Arca Swiss mount. Why don’t other lens manufacturers do this as well considering this is the industry standard?
- Covers full 35mm frame, for Nikon F, Canon EF, Pentax K mounts
- Manual focus
- Weather-sealed construction (Dragonfly finish)
- 12 elements in 9 groups, 3 ED, 4 HR elements
- f/2.8 to f/32, 11-blade diaphragm
- 77mm filter ring
- 12” (0.345m) minimum focus, 1:1 maximum magnification ratio, focus lock ring
- 3.9” (135mm) long, 4.5” (87mm) diameter
- 20.5 ounces (840g) weight
- Detachable tripod collar with Arca Swiss mount; includes lens hood
- USD$ 595
- Announced by Irix September 24, 2018
Get yours here on Amazon: Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 Dragonfly Lens
Richard Bernabe is a professional photographer specializing in travel, wildlife, and nature as well as an author of books, magazine articles, and travel essays published world-wide. Richard is a global influencer in the fields of photography, travel, and wildlife conservation with more than one million followers on social media platforms. He leads several photography tours and workshops all over the world and is invited to speak to photography and conservation groups all across the globe. For more great information on new images, gear reviews, book projects, and photography workshops and tours, Sign Up For Our Newsletter.