Ultimate Africa Wildlife Workshop and Tour 2019
Tanzania and Uganda
May 12 – 25, 2019 | $6295 Tanzania Safari + $3500 Optional Uganda Extension
EVENT: Ultimate Africa Wildlife Workshop and Tour 2019
INSTRUCTOR: Richard Bernabe
PLACE: Arusha, Tanzania (Kilimanjaro International Airport)
DATES: May 12 – 25, 2019 (Tanzania, May 12 – 20; Uganda May 20 – 25).
COST: $6295 double occupancy for Tanzania. $3500 for Uganda extension ($1000 extra for single occupancy lodging).
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Tanzania safari is easy. Uganda gorilla trekking is moderate to difficult.
Your adventure of a lifetime starts here: The Ultimate Africa Photo Safari
Consider this tour a Wildlife Photography Masterclass! Spend your days in the most celebrated wildlife sanctuaries on Earth and your evenings in the classroom with Richard Bernabe.
Tanzania’s Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Serengeti National Park are two of the world’s premier wildlife photography destinations. Lions, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, rhinoceros, hippos, and so much more await you and your camera in this one-in-a-lifetime Africa photo safari with world-renowned wildlife photographer, Richard Bernabe. In addition to arguably the best wildlife photography destinations on the planet, what makes this the “Ultimate Africa Wildlife Safari” is the personal instruction and evening classroom sessions with Richard held every night in the lodge meeting rooms. Image critiques, compositional workshops, and learning how to get the most of your equipment are just some of the topics to be addressed each evening.
An optional gorilla trekking extension is also available in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest of Uganda, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site. The cost of the flight from Arusha to Kigali, Rwanda (we will drive from Kigali to the Chameleon Hill Lodge in Bwindi, Uganda) is included in the price of the trip extension.
The Ultimate Africa Photo Safari Itinerary
May 12 – Participants arrive in Arusha, Tanzania – Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA). Airport transfer to the Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha, orientation and group dinner.
May 13 – Travel to Ngorongoro Crater for wildlife photography and classroom session. Spend night at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge.
May 14 – Full day of wildlife photography in the Ngorongoro Crater and evening classroom session/ image critique. Spend the night at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge.
May 15 – Travel to Serengeti National Park for wildlife photography, stopping at Masai village along the way. Evening classroom session/image critique with Richard. Spend the night at Serengeti Sopa Lodge.
May 16 – Full day of wildlife photography in the Serengeti and evening classroom session/ image critique. Spend the night at the Serengeti Sopa Lodge.
May 17 – Full day of wildlife photography in the Serengeti and evening classroom session/ image critique. Spend the night at the Serengeti Sopa Lodge.
May 18 – Full day of wildlife photography in the Serengeti and evening classroom session/ image critique. Spend the night at the Serengeti Sopa Lodge.
May 19 – Morning photography session in the Serengeti then travel back to Arusha. Spend the night at the Mount Meru Hotel in Arusha.
May 20 – Depart to Airport for flight home or flight to Kigali, Rwanda. Overnight at Hotel Des Millie Collines in Kigali, Rwanda
May 21 – Drive from Kigali to Chameleon Hill Lodge in Uganda.
May 22 – Gorilla Trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest of Uganda. Spend the night at the Chameleon Hill Lodge.
May 23 – Gorilla Trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest of Uganda. Spend the night at the Chameleon Hill Lodge.
May 24 – Depart to Kigali Airport for flight back to Arusha.
May 25 – Departures home.
- The Serengeti Plains of Tanzania, the crown jewel of Africa’s wildlife parks for an ultimate Africa safari.
- The Ngorongoro Conservation Area, with one of the highest concentrations of African wildlife anywhere in the world.
- Excellent chance to photograph Africa’s “Big Five” wildlife species: the lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros, and Cape Buffalo.
- Gorilla Trekking in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest of Uganda, for those who opt for the Uganda trip extension.
- Visit to a Masai village for cultural photography.
- Nightly classroom instruction and image critiques with Richard.
- Lightroom and Photoshop instruction.
- Professional guiding and hands-on wildlife photography instruction.
- Lightroom and Photoshop instruction
- Double occupancy lodging in upscale lodges.
- Local transportation, transfers to and from airports.
- All meals
- Entrance fees to National Parks, guide fees, guide tips.
- Flight from Arusha to Kigali (for Uganda extension).
What’s Not Included
- International flights to and from Africa.
- Tips and any alcoholic beverages.
- Trip Insurance (recommended).
Final payment is due 90 days before the tour starts. To cancel after final payment has been made, 25% refund (minus initial deposit) between 90 and 30 days. No refund within 30 days. If we can find another customer to take your place, we will give you a 100% refund (minus your initial deposit).
To register, or if you have any questions, please email our logistics manager for the Ultimate Africa Photo Safari 2019, Daniel Portal (firstname.lastname@example.org).